Voting for the 2019 Detroit Music Awards is now CLOSED!!
HOW PHASE 3 WORKED
During this phase, the Final Voting Ballot was available online after a voter logged in. The choices were determined from the most nominated recordings, artists, etc. in the Nomination Phase. Eligible, active voters were contacted via email when the Final Voting process began. If you did not receive an email, you were not an active voter. Only currently active Detroit Music Awards members participated in the Final Voting Phase. No new registrations were accepted after Phase 3 began.
To access the election with your Username (Voter ID) & Password (Voter Key) click HERE.
This was the final phase of voting and determined the winners in each category. Voting ended at 11:59pm on April 7, 2019. Winners will be announced on April 26 at either the pre-show event at MusicTown or at the award ceremony at The Fillmore.
HOW PHASE 2 WORKED
The Nomination phase allowed voters to choose from the names and recordings that were submitted in Phase I and have met the previously outlined criteria. The voting was done entirely online through a third party site to insure accuracy and fairness. Only current (or newly registered) Detroit Music Awards members were allowed to participate in the Nomination Phase and must have their Voter ID and Voter Key to log into the ballot.
Voting in this Phase ended at 11:59pm on Sunday, March 17. The top six (6) in each category will then move on to the Final Ballot stage (to begin early April or sooner). Click HERE to be taken directly to the ballot or go to our PHASE 2 NOMINATIONS page for more detailed information.
HOW PHASE 1 WORKED
- ONE submission per email. You may make up to twelve (12) different submissions, but each must be a separate email.
- Use this format: YOUR name, followed by submission Last name (or band name), First name, Genre, Category. If your submission is for an instrumentalist, please include instrument & band(s) affiliation. If your submission is for a vocalist, please include any band(s) affiliation. *Please refer to the 2018 Winners for a list of all genres and categories*
- For recordings (physical or digital; single, EP, or album), you must include the title, genre, release date and label (if any).
- To be considered as choices for the 2019 Detroit Music Awards, recordings must have been released between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018.
- Any deviation from the above format will automatically disqualify the submission.
Artists may be submitted for the same category (vocalist, songwriter, etc.) in multiple genres, but will only move on to nomination in ONE of those genres. For instance, a guitar player can be submitted for consideration in Rock, Jazz and Country but will only be nominated in one of those fields. The final determination of which field will be made by the DMA Balloting Committee. If you prefer a certain genre over the others, it is suggested to make the initial submission in ONLY your preferred field.
Deadline for submissions is 11:59pm EST, January 31, 2019. Any email received after that time will not be considered for nomination
Submitting names or recordings during this phase does NOT nominate the Artist, Group or Recording for the Final Ballot.
Names eligible to be considered as choices must have a connection, or perform a body of work, primarily in the Detroit metro area, which, for our purposes, stretches as far north as Flint, as far west as metropolitan Ann Arbor, as far south as the Ohio border, and as far east as the Detroit River and Lake St. Clair.